 Space / 37494
Re: New Ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 18:56:07 GMT

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   I don’t have much internet time this week, but I wanted to say that the interior you posted is pure genius. My next spacey interior MUST! look like this or else I will cover myself in refried beans and cry like a little girly girl.

heh. don’t forget to post pics!

   Thanks for posting the idea! I have a question for you - have you thought about making a T corridor. I was thinking about yer design concept and the thinking about making a full interior to go along with it, but I thought turns might be troublesome.

T corridor?

doing fully detailed interiors takes serious time. I have recently developed a modular system of “plug and play” greebly sections that I should be able to use from ship to ship. The aesthetic justification has to do with ship owners buying standard components (nav computer, comm commputer, fire control, etc.) from the same or similar suppliers. Unit goes down, you just hotswap in a new one, just like disk arrays.

I’m not saying don’t do it. Just plan on the time element. The reason I haven’t built bigger than my Mako, is because I’m committed to keeping the level of detail and quality as high. A new SHIP from me would have to be as good or better than the Mako, at least in my own eyes....

... and I’m working on one....

-paul

   Paul Hartzog

(custom sig image courtesy of CGidd)