 Space / 36747
36746  |  36748
Subject:
Giant Space Baby attack!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:51:58 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

This post covers a couple of different topics, first off: <DELURK> I’ve been hiding in the shadows for about 6 years now, In that time I’ve posted only once or twice, mostly because I haven’t been building much of my own stuff.

However, I finally have something that I am sufficiently proud of to show the community, which brings us on to the main point of this post:

GIANT SPACE BABY ATTACK:

(clicky)

Just in case it’s not clear this is built around a Lego picture frame: http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=PF611

Inspiration obviously drawn from whoever it was that posted the original greeblied picture frame and from the current fashion for vignette’s.

Thanks also to all of you here for exposing me to all sorts of building techniques, styles and tips that I would never have thought of on my own, and for just plain setting the bar so high!

I’m really happy with how this turned out, I had a vision in my mind of how I wanted it to look before I started, and the end result is pretty close. Amazing really, considering that I didn’t try and calculate if the snotted arches would all line up, I just laid them out and tried to fill in the gaps. It could all have gone horribly wrong.

Now all I have to do is find something to follow it up with, hmmm surely I can do something with that huge pile of wheels I have?...

Cheers Tim