 Space / 3641
Re: Finally... The U.S.S. Crusader (please take a peek!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 01:28:04 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tobias Möller writes:
Wow! A big spaceship! I want to make a big spaceship too...

Well, since I've built a town, guess the next thing I'll build is a
giant spaceship... and thanks to bulk ordering, I can build it in gray.

Yeah, it kinda bothered me that I can't get bulk blue from LEGO.  I guess i'll
have to keep ebaying it.

On to you model now...

The birdge looks good, and the whole ship too (blue is a nice colour).

There should now be an interior shot of the bridge at the site:
Here's a small description of what you'll see.  The Captain's chair ala Star
Trek.  The Con and Nav positions ala Star Trek.  And the Communications and
Science station ala... well you know.  In back there is a sliding door to the
secondary systems room.  (pictures coming soon)With Computer systems, Defense,
and Life Support.  The dome tilts out like you see and is actually quite
stable.

I like the shuttlebay and the vehicle inside. It looks aquazone-ish,
maybe due too the yellow pipe-pieces.

Thanks, tha shuttlebay is the width of a large gray baseplate.  It has a
classic space circular landing plate inside.  The vehicle is actually a space
tug built from parts of a Arctic set (which I love for space parts) and
Sebulba's Pod racer.  (it's orange)

--Tobias

Thanks for the input.  I meant to say, the ship is up on temporary landing
gear.  It holds on it's own with no cracking when lifted (a little straining)
The hard part now is the fact that I am limited on how much I can connect to
the bottom hull due to it being made from baseplates.

Sorry for the ramble, I now return you to your regularly scheduled lives.

Chris <><