 Space / 36314
Re: Keppler Industies Update ( Yes, really!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 01:48:03 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kyle Keppler wrote:

( Click it, dummies )

So I figure I made you guys squirm enough after that preview a couple weeks ago, so here you go. I built this over a period of 3 months this summer. It’s highly influenced by Paul Baulch and Ken-tucky, two microfig capital ship masters. It’s about 70-80 studs long and is held up buy a removable technic stand as seen in the pics.

Hope you like it

/me delurks

Awesome Kyle- it’s nice to see that dead people CAN come back to life.

And what a way. This is an awesome moc. I love it- I like the slight bluntness of the front, (although I agree that the red piece always makes me think that it’s a cockpit), the shape of the engine, the slim, elegant bridge (which is the part that gives it the most microfig look- I didn’t expect it at first, because of the nose) and the greeblies. mmm. I’ve never seen such a good use of tubes and cylindric thingies in a MOC. Wow.

Good stuff here. The part right behind the front with the alternating shades of gray has always struck me as genius, ever since I first saw in-production pics. Although if I have one crtique, its that the shades of gray perhaps are a little too random- I think sticking to just one shade would be better, because when you have white, red, light and dark gray, clumping becomes harder and the colors don’t blend well.

Great job- of course, now you’ve built something, you’re fleeing the general area and going to college. I hope you’ll still be building, right?

-JHK

/me lurks