 Space / 36312
Re: Keppler Industies Update ( Yes, really!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 01:05:19 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kyle Keppler wrote:

( Click it, dummies )

So I figure I made you guys squirm enough after that preview a couple weeks ago, so here you go. I built this over a period of 3 months this summer. It’s highly influenced by Paul Baulch and Ken-tucky, two microfig capital ship masters. It’s about 70-80 studs long and is held up buy a removable technic stand as seen in the pics.

Hope you like it.

-- Kyle

This is a really beautifully rendered ship Kyle. The greebling and where it’s put in particular is outstanding - I’m taking notes.

When I saw the preview shot you released all that time ago, I thought it was going to be a minifig scale ship. It’s that dark red piece in the nose - it makes me think it’s a window piece. That’s the only flaw in an otherwise perfect model for me. If it was white I don’t think the eye would be drawn to it as much.

But, white or red, it’s a fine craft. After building several mechs on the trot, I’m ready to build a spaceship again. I was contemplating having a crack at something microscale, but this has cemented it.

Cheers,

Allister