 Space / 3561
Re: A little classic space trivia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 05:02:49 GMT

Bram Lambrecht wrote:

Bradley Dale writes:
What did they do to change the piece?  My oldest Space sets were
from Blacktron II, so I don't really know what you are talking about.

Made it wider.  It used to be that you could attach a plate to the "light
clip" and it would be flush with the edge of the 1x1 portion.  Trivia: what
other (non-space) set can't you build with the new version?  Hint: it's
yellow, and I have one.

There are some  other pieces which have changed. Another one which is
used in <set: 6846>, which could affect some sets is the 7x8 wedge
shaped plate with notches. I do notice that the two types of these that
I have have different part numbers. The one used in 6846 is <part:
4475>, it has a 3x4+1x2 notch cut out of it. The other version is <part:
6104> which has a 2x4+1x2 notch cut out of it.

Ok, question, how many people hadn't noticed this difference? I noticed
it when I first started to get more than one or two of these pieces, and
happened to stick two different ones on top of each other, and noticed
that the notch didn't line up.

Another part which has changed, and I think affects some constructions
is <part: 4085> Plate 1 x 1 with Clip Vertical. The clip is slightly
larger now.

Also, I seem to remember some mention of <part: 3839> Plate 1 x 2 with
Handles changing, where the rods used to be centered on the height of
the plate, and now they are below the height of the plate. Yep - here's
a reference:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=516

In fact, if you poke around that thread a bit, there is discussion of
other parts which have changed.

Frank