 Space / 3495
Re: HSF-100 Ibis Starfighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 02:43:52 GMT

From: "A. Mark Wilburn" <amwilburn@iname.com>

Slack indeed. I must be comatose by comparison! (Mind you, if you're keeping
pace with Mladen then yes, he IS very prolific. Don't know how you two can
keep that sort of pace)

Heh. Well, I meant "slack" compared to my usual pace, and what people have
come to expect from me. :^) Everything on my website has been built since
late March. I tend to build in the evenings after work. It helps me unwind,
and since we don't normally have plans on work nights, then I can usually
get in about 3-4 hours per night. No kids, either. ;^D

I created this after I saw a very cool picture in a Playstation game ad for
the game Silpheed.
So that's where I'd seen it before! (I didn't see your announcement first, so
I didn't see that line of text till I backtracked from the responses.) I
haven't seen the psx ads, but I once played the Sega CD version and it looks
like a very faithful recreation (I love the sliding canopy especially; I'd
been agonizing how to implement that on the Naboo fighter).

Well, that one slides forward, which would be a bit more difficult to do.
the way I built mine required a few tiles, and a 2x6 area behind the cockpit
that it slides into. (actual movement is 5 studs). If you were to implement
this on the Naboo, then you'd likely have to change the nose, too.

I am beginning to get the distinct impression you're a fan of... well,
everything a child of the 80's should be ;) (Lessee... a Bird of Prey,
Starblazers, videogames... I'm going to take a shot in the dark and assume
we're going to see something from Space 1999, Babylon 5, Macross or BattleStar
Galactica from you at some point. Hopefully.)

I've always wanted to build a Viper, and you can see influences of the Cylon
Raider in my Payback on my website. :^) But I am, of course, a child of the
80's. I grew up during what I consider the golden years of LEGO and toys in
general.

~Mark

--
Mark's Lego Creations