 Space / 34800
  Space MOC: The Yl8l godship

For those of you who don't do the whole "reading" thing, have it... (URL) The Yl8l godship> You'll be interested to know that Yl8l is actually pronounced "Fub-dubba-hubba". So weird... so-- alien. I thought it would be fun to show the function of (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: Space MOC: The Yl8l godship

(...) Cool beans. I must say, that's the best use I've seen made of that dinosaur/elephant part ever. I like the overall shape of the ship, and am always a fan of rotating thrusters. Some pretty great aliens you have there too. -Dan Rubin (20 years ago, 5-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Space MOC: The Yl8l godship

Awesome ship. It's got a nice shape. Not sure about the rectangular back end though, not as curvy as the rest. Cool idea with the thrusters, actually making use of a piece like that. Really clever aliens too, and great comic. (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Space MOC: The Yl8l godship

(...) Thanks for the kind words, Stefan. Actually, you reminded that I forgot a picture. The ship was missing something in that 'square' area so I added a missle system. Adding this will make the folder unmoderated for a time, but here you are... (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Space MOC: The Yl8l godship

Felix the comic is awesome! My preference goes to the alternate ending. The alien cast is so creative! The ship has a turtle feel in it, very funny as well! Nice detail on the inside. So the missiles are in fact anti-gigantic-foot-attack weapon? (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Space MOC: The Yl8l godship

(...) Neat ship! While I like the upside-down ship hull, I really like the dino bodies as thruster mounts. And the aliens are pretty darn cute! Did you have to blow them up? Joe Meno .space Paparazzi! BrickFest Assistant Coordinator the Paparazzi (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Space MOC: The Yl8l godship

(...) This is great! The boat hull really makes it look alien-esque....hiding the canopy below is a great concept too. The inclusion of the hatch is marvvy, and as others have said, dino bodies? Cool. Great inventive build, Felix. Cheers, -G (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Space MOC: The Yl8l godship

(...) Thanks. My wife was the casting director. She was not too pleased when she saw the Cr0t were destroyed. Hence the alternate ending. (...) Haha! I've never been given a compliment on my inside detailing before. (That might be because I never do (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Space MOC: The Yl8l godship

(...) Those are the handfull of survivors. The Nerdadork among them used his giant nose to sniff out an escape before the carnage. (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: Space MOC: The Yl8l godship

(...) Thanks Gil. Not just elephant and pirate pieces, but there's some Galidor worked in thier too. I got a bunch of the galidor robots when they were clearance. They were grey, I figured there had to be some use for them. Felix (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Space MOC: The Yl8l godship

(...) Thanks for the kind words. I've been waiting for someone to call me on the comic, though. Does anyone recognize the exchange? I'll give a big phat no prize to anyone who gets it right. Felix (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Space MOC: The Yl8l godship

(...) Cool, glad I'm back in town in time to catch this, and flattered to have provided some information. I like it, of course, especially the forward vent part of the thrusters and the entry hatch. I also always appreciate studlessness, which I (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Space MOC: The Yl8l godship

(...) Best thing I've seen in some time...nice, small, and creative. Reminds me a little bit of a certain Sandlin moc, and a little bit of another ship whose builder I don't recall (had twin red thrusters, two crew, vertical hull shape..). Good job! (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)