 Space / 34406
Re: New MOC: JE Racer: Kuai Feng
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 18:15:59 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kenn Oldham wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner wrote:
   When the Jade Empire announced that it would enter the intergalactic racing circuit, many people were slow to accept it. But the Kuai Feng has proven itself as a solid ship.

Sorry about the lighting... I’m working on it.

http://www.hafhead.com/lego/myspace/jeracer/big00.html

Cool racer. I like the way the cockpit carries the shape of the windscreen back, and I think the head-on view looks appropriately threatening. Cool thruster array in back, too. I think the front of the nacelles might match the stub nose of the cockpit better without the cone and strut, but that’s all the constructive criticism I can come up with. Very nice.

Threatening? Yeah, I intended to build a racer, and the result looks to me like a fighter that doesn’t happen to have any weapons. I really wanted a racer, so I kept it as is. But I think I’ll have to do a combat version, as that’s what the JE is all about.

For the engines... do you mean like this? http://www.hafhead.com/temp/je_racer.html

The pics at the bottom are the older version, where there was a cone at the front of the engines, but no strut or cylinders. This was (accidentally, or at least subconsciously) almost identical to the engines on Chris Maddison’s Irezumi.

AndroDan
   Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com