 Space / 34407
Re: Jade Empire: Double Tactics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 18:17:47 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ryan Wood wrote:
   The title of the post sounds like a sequel in a video game series based on the newest faction to threaten the peoples and planets of space, but in actuality it’s the English translation of my newest JE moc, the Liang Shou.

Brickshelf Gallery when moderated
Mocpage gallery

The dual nature of the fighter is evident at first glance; twin torpedos peek from launch tubes at the ship’s sides, while two double laser arrays and two secondary lasers bristle around the cockpit.

Ryan-

Excellent stuff: nifty design that is sleek and exciting. I think the colors are balanced and the detailing is right on (kudos for use of those printed parts!). I like that cockpit design a lot too. Now, regarding criticism...I’m saying it’s not right that no one has commented on this yet! (I would have earlier--6:30 AM--but i’ve been working on some graphic design projects). Seriously, I just looked over the pics again. I definitely think those blue technic pins need to be switched out because they hurt the scheme. The only other thing that seems to not fit are the 2x2 “boat hull” pieces on the sides of the engines. I’d like that area to be smoothe as well but I don’t think those two circular forms fit that area well.
Alright, keep it up! I look forward to your PCS addition. Oh, and it’s funny cause I was thinking of a bottom view cockpit for a JE ship just yesterday. We’ll see...

-Andrew P. Saada