 Space / 34465
Re: Jade Empire: Double Tactics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:32:00 GMT

I’m up late, a little tired, so just responding to everyone in one post:

Andrew- Glad you like it! As far as I can recall, I’ve never used those droid fighter printed parts before, so this was a good chance to utilize them in a way that enhanced the shape of a moc. I had fun with the cockpit, once I got a proper canopy. The controls took a few minutes to get just right. I would have used gray technic pins if I had some available. Already on my shopping list for Bricklink. If or when this moc accompanies me to a LUG meeting or fest, there won’t be a spot of blue anywhere :) I’m not sure what to do about the boat studs either. I added them “just because,” and I guess that’s evident.

The PCS ship still has a ways to go, but hopefully it’ll be finished in the next week or so.

Tony- Thanks man for the critique. The first cockpit was definitely not conventional, and thats why I liked it. Ultimately, I think the final version works a lot better for the overall moc. Those pins are going to be the death of me. :p I’ve been criticised for the plain cones before, with my last JE moc, and after playing with some ideas my final decision was that I liked it better plain. Maybe someday I’ll get over that. :)

Dan- THE PINS!! THE PINS!!! Okay okay I get the point now, guys :p Glad you like. You are not alone in discovering this “new” cockpit piece. A couple other people have commented that they didn’t know it existed.