 Space / 34390
Re: New MOC: JE Racer: Kuai Feng
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 17:15:22 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ryan Wood wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner wrote:
   When the Jade Empire announced that it would enter the intergalactic racing circuit, many people were slow to accept it. But the Kuai Feng has proven itself as a solid ship.

Actually, the wings look like they could be sheared off rather easily, but that’s just how I see it.

Perhaps “solid ship” wasn’t the best phrasing! I meant that as referring to its performance in the racing circuit, but this ship has the worst structural integrity of anything I’ve done recently.

   The frame that holds the wings to the main body looks too thin to me. Great cockpit construction, despite the weakness of being held on by two studs.

That area actually holds quite nicely... as long as you don’t try to pick up the ship that way.

   Engines: Sweet. Landing gear: always a plus. Little cranny for pilot gear: nifty bit of play factor. Underside dino tails: I like. Topside dino tails: don’t like. I tried that orientation on my first couple JE mocs, and it just doesn’t come out right.

Heh, this sounds like an echo. The only thing everyone missed was complaining about the red!

   Keep up the great work Tony. I don’t think I’ve looked through all your racers before, but a couple look familiar, and theres some good stuff in there. :)

Thanks! The yellow one is a bit weak, but I’m really happy with the others.

AndroDan
   Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com