 Space / 34306
    New MOC: JE Racer: Kuai Feng —Tony Hafner
   When the Jade Empire announced that it would enter the intergalactic racing circuit, many people were slow to accept it. But the Kuai Feng has proven itself as a solid ship. Sorry about the lighting... I'm working on it. (5 URLs) Kuai Feng gallery (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

        Re: New MOC: JE Racer: Kuai Feng —Chris Maddison
     (...) Tony, sweet craft there. I'm not much on the flimsyness of the wing bits, but you make it work. Great use of that 3vil cockpit. Dino tails - great on the underside wrapping around the wings, but I don't like the ones on top. Just me. Awesome (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: New MOC: JE Racer: Kuai Feng —Tony Hafner
     (...) Thanks a lot! I was hoping to get some constructive criticism from some of the other JE builders. That may be a really good call on the top dino tails. I slapped them on early in the build process and I never really considered removing them. (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: New MOC: JE Racer: Kuai Feng —Ryan Wood
     (...) Actually, the wings look like they could be sheared off rather easily, but that's just how I see it. The frame that holds the wings to the main body looks too thin to me. Great cockpit construction, despite the weakness of being held on by two (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: New MOC: JE Racer: Kuai Feng —Tony Hafner
     (...) Perhaps "solid ship" wasn't the best phrasing! I meant that as referring to its performance in the racing circuit, but this ship has the worst structural integrity of anything I've done recently. (...) That area actually holds quite nicely... (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: New MOC: JE Racer: Kuai Feng —Jean-Pascal Rignault
     Hi Tony, Here is a good addition to your racer collection! Little craft, only 4 stud wide for the cockpit, very nice work on it (side panels, top panel, the interior). I like the way you use 3 engines, the overall shape of this racer is well (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: New MOC: JE Racer: Kuai Feng —Tony Hafner
     (...) Thanks a lot! I actually like the size of the center engine, though I admit that I should have provided more room for fuel. (2 URLs) AndroDan>> Tony Hafner (URL) www.hafhead.com> (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: New MOC: JE Racer: Kuai Feng —Allister McLaren
     (...) Lots of good ideasin this one Tony. I really like the outrigger engines, and the cockpit fits together nicely with that accursed canopy. Also, YAY for steering wheels! The colour scheme's a bit jumbled for my tastes, but I understand the (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

         Re: New MOC: JE Racer: Kuai Feng —Tony Hafner
     (...) D'oh! Are steering wheels out of fashion? I've always been happy with them as the main control for most vehicles. Not all my ships have them, though, as I occasionally get squeezed for space. I actually just looked over my other racers and I'm (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: New MOC: JE Racer: Kuai Feng —Kenn Oldham
   (...) back, and I think the head-on view looks appropriately threatening. Cool thruster array in back, too. I think the front of the nacelles might match the stub nose of the cockpit better without the cone and strut, but that's all the constructive (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: New MOC: JE Racer: Kuai Feng —Tony Hafner
   (...) Threatening? Yeah, I intended to build a racer, and the result looks to me like a fighter that doesn't happen to have any weapons. I really wanted a racer, so I kept it as is. But I think I'll have to do a combat version, as that's what the JE (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)