 Space / 34034
Re: Colonial Marines Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2004 19:52:10 GMT

Snip
Perhaps you could run it as an Aliens-inspired contest. Building in the
style of
the Alien movies.

Suggestions for categories:

Dropship category

APC category

Marine Squad category

Alien category

You could even do a "Civilian ship in the style of the Alien's universe"...
maybe some nice corporate entries then :-)
   Thats the beauty of it, In the comics, books, and misc. stuff every vehicle
and item was not military, or even vaquely military related. In one of the
Aliens games I played there was a truck kind of like modern day Army 2 1/2 ton
trucks. It was just smoothed over and slab sided. Categories could stretch off
to include corporate vehicles and figs, The Sulaco, military ships that are
larger than the Sulaco or even smaller, and several of the games featured
Predators, which adds about 5 new categories. The scope of this thing could be
enomous!