 Space / 33517
    Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard —David Laswell
   (...) No official Moonbase standard should ever hinge upon customized pieces. If someone wants to make them for their own personal collection and use them to tweak the track layout for some reason, that's one thing, but requiring that people start (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard —Jon Palmer
   (...) Having short cars was one of the main ideas in the beginning, yeah. (...) You might just have a good point there. It would be nice to raise the race-track but then we have to worry about running into monorail. (URL) [ j o n ] (URL) zemi.net> (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard —David Laswell
   (...) It really makes sense as far as clearance goes, but all of the discussions on how to do a Moonbase-compatible container kept pushing to make it really long so they could serve double-duty as corridor modules, and using Space Train to haul them (...) (20 years ago, 12-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard —Mike Walsh
    "Purple Dave" <purpledave@maskofdestiny.com> wrote in message news:HxKx9u.1sG7@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) without (...) [ ... snipped ... ] Have any of the Moonbase folks tried using TrackDraw[1] for moonbase design yet? I don't know (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard —David Laswell
   (...) I don't have a copy of TrackDraw yet (I only recently downloaded Track Designer), but I'm pretty sure it's less a problem with the design program and more a problem with the actual track geometry. The Monorail track was designed with the (...) (20 years ago, 18-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)