 Space / 32577
Re: A New Threat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 03:34:54 GMT

   The thing that struck me is how the new race-accurate mini-figs could be used to make some very NON-PC creations.

Actually, this is something I thought a while about. Not so much about race in particular, but about religion. I didn’t want any actual Rastafarians thinking I was saying their religion is all about weed and partying.

But the race issue is a potent one. Furthermore, all we have are black MEN - I wanted to add some women (i personally love the cliche of a rastafarian mother - think something like a pregnant erykah badu) - and in the new sets I see one black minifig in a spiderman set.

But about the possible racist undermessage concerning the picture of the guy smoking a bong.. let me just say I wish it was me smoking from a bong ;)

-Lenny