 Space / 32576
Re: A New Threat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 01:17:48 GMT

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   The Eastern Block has found a new faction even more dastard than 3vil, even more dirty than the Space Hippies. That’s right, we’ve found the

RASTASTARIANS

I like it. The pot angle did not bother me too much though I can see how some of the younger readers might not get it. (didn’t someone on the fbtb board not know who Bob Marley is??? what is the world comming too???) Very cool, very funny. I really like the use of color on the interior of the shuttle. Need to add some hippie-groupies though...

The thing that struck me is how the new race-accurate mini-figs could be used to make some very NON-PC creations. First, let me say I am not offended in any way or think that you had any offensive intentions, but I could see how someone could get bent over pictures like this or this (thinking of the guy on the right). I could see how someone could try to construe that you are trying to make a statement about a certain race’s liking for illegal drugs... (OK, I have been living in California too long now). Interesting new territory we are treading into with these new minifig colors.

So you going to do a space-hip-hop rap group next?? How about a space-ified Escalade with giant chrome repulsor lifts.

thoroughly enjoyed,

drc