 Space / 31772
Re: Galactic Requiem - A dystopic LEGO comic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 22:07:26 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Christian Holden wrote:
   It has taken blood, sweat and tears (in that order), but I have finally gotten my LEGO comic up and running. It is illustrated entirely in LEGO bricks, pluss come “ditital remastering” (Photoshop). So without further ado:

The address, you ask?

http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~christh/lego

The comic navigation is really goofy. Using the next/prev links at the bottom of the site’s main menu is not exactly intuitive, especially considering that you can’t even see those links if you scroll to the bottom of the actual comic pages- and that those links on the side are for general site navigation as well. Separating them from the other links would help. Removing them from the non-story pages would help too. But that would still be awkward- it really needs links at the bottom of the pages, right below the comic pictures.

In any case, the pictures look *much* better than before, though the exterior of the main ship (the one getting attacked) is still a bit bland.

As for the story, it looks like it could be good but there still isn’t enough there to see where it is going. I am interested in reading on, so get to work!

I apologize for the somewhat non-intuitive layout of the web page. There are apparently some things that needed clarification/improvement.

1)I have now made the story more easily navigatable. If you press an image, you will be taken to the next page. Thanks for the suggestion, everyone.
2)Some people apparently have some difficulties viewing the page correctly. This is not a problem with the web page, but with your browser. I use CSS, and you probably have an old browser. For instance, navbars are fixed on the right-hand side. This is further elaborated on the web page.
3)The story is not complete. I foresee years of work before all is finished. As of yet, there is only the prologue that is done (3 pages, 5 hours of work per page). Stay tuned for more updates.

Other things:
Thanks, Hafner. You should have seen how crappy the old chapter 1 looked. The old prologue is actually still on Brickshelf somewhere (user name christh). The unfortunate V.R.S.S. Black Hawk is indeed a boring ship to look at, but this is for two reasons: First, it is an old-fashioned, butt-ugly bulk freighter. Second, it’s because I’m not really good at building in nano scale. Check out the much better MOCs on the Factions-page. I’m particularly proud of the Krawn Blademistress:

Thanks, Adrian. Sorry about the slight cursing in the comic, but I think most people would come up with much harsher words if their space ship was shot down...

Christian Holden