 Space / 31781
Re: Galactic Requiem - A dystopic LEGO comic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 20:57:12 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeffrey Shaw wrote:

   2)Some people apparently have some difficulties viewing the page correctly. This is not a problem with the web page, but with your browser. I use CSS, and you probably have an old browser.

I have checked the page using Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 and Netscape 7.0. Netscape works fine, but Explorer is not doing o.k. Visit http://www.jlshawwebdesign.com/lego/GR-explorer6sp1.bmp to see what I am talking about. This is a screen shot. I even switched to 800X600 and exited out of the office bar, and it still does the same thing.

#$%& Microsnot. I stand corrected. I assumed it was working in new versions of IE for Windows. I tested the web page in most conceivable browsers on my Mac, and it worked fine in all of them. Then it turns out that Microsnot’s IE for Mac is nothing like Microsnot’s IE for Windows. Whereas IE for Mac has 99% CSS compatibility (according to the World Wide Web Consortium, W3C), IE for Windows can’t even view the W3C CSS pages properly.

My web pages have been CSS validated, so again, the problem is with the browsers. But since most people use IE for Windows, I will have to find a workaround to your problem.

I am working on the problem. I promise you that I will not rest (or at least not very soundly) until my web page is adequately viewable on all good browsers AND Microsnot IE for Windows. This might take a few days.

In the words of Douglas Adams: We apologize for the inconvenience.

Christian Holden