 Space / 31694
31693  |  31695
Subject:
Question for Jason Mantor, also Re: Jeff Szklennik's T'Kunce Drive IRL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 03:26:35 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mike Thorn wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Ley Ward wrote:
   We will be experimenting with various forms of the drives and expect to have more pictures soon. If there is any particular configuration you’d like to see a picture of, please let me know.

Cool stuff. If there is anything about LEGO that is guaranteed to catch my fancy, it’s either reflective or transparent elements. Bingo.

Can you give me the MLCAD file for one of these? I have an idea for raytracing a smooth version of those tubes, and with a chrome finish and a few extra lights the reflections are going to be sweet.

No such thing as spare time,
-Mike

here’s my original MLcad file, & some variations; all pics can be seen thru original post Ley referenced-thanks Ley!):

original with spamcake power:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jeff-S/Misc-Ideas/TKunceDrive/tkuncedrive.ldr

a 2D variant for smaller ships/areas:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jeff-S/Misc-Ideas/TKunceDrive/tkuncedrive3.ldr

& one with inward pointing nozzles that don’t quite touch the core (creates visual spatial tension, like you can imagine enrgy leaping the gaps)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jeff-S/Misc-Ideas/TKunceDrive/tkuncedrivea.ldr

Jason Mantor also e-mailed me a VERY cool nested version, which i have a pic of at my gallery (My qustion for Jason M. is: will/can you post your MLCAD file?):

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jeff-S/Misc-Ideas/TKunceDrive/tkuncedrivebyjasonmantor.jpg

Thanks for everyone’s cool renders, MOCs & imput!

Jeff