 Space / 31599
Re: XB-202a stealth revision (I fixed the deep links)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 02:13:26 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Walker wrote:
snip
The result is the XB-202a stealth revision:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=74384>

Thats a really nice piece of SNOT engineering on a large scale.  I would like to
seem more photos detailing the wing construction if possible.  I like the
"plywood" approach to add strength to the wing.  Probably really helps to keep
them from drooping too much.  The landing gear look great and seem to be the
right size for the ship.  Any pics of them retracted?  Would also like to see
better pics of how you attached the flaps.

I also really like the engine intakes and exhausts.  They look extremely
functional and powerful.  The rear and rear-quater pics look great.  I also like
the weapons pods, but they will leave a tell-tale sensor signature.. any room
for an internal weapons bay?

You also mentioned that the ship is designed for long-duration missions.  Any
interior details of crew quarters & facilities?

One thing I don't really like is the shape of the forward cannard....  don't
know why but it doesn't seem like it "fits" with the rest of the ship?? I guess
I think it looks like it is mounted a little too low and too forward.  The other
thing is that the cockpit and fuselage forward of the intakes feels a little too
narrow or something.  Kinda think it would look a little better with a
side-by-side cockpit and a fuselage that was 2-4 studs wider.  But thats just
me.

The other thing is that since the ship is almost all black, alot of the details
are hard to see.

Overall, a great MOC that is packed with lots of detail and interesting
construction techniques.  Thanks for sharing.

drc