 Space / 31589
  XB-202a stealth revision (I fixed the deep links)

Greetings, Some of you may remember the XB-202: (URL) was never totally satisfied with the wing design, and lately I have become annoyed with studs on surfaces. Since the wings use a modular plug-in design, I decided to try to make an alternate set (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.space) !

  Re: XB-202a stealth revision (I fixed the deep links)

-snip- I was awed by your XB-202, so I'm shocked to see this new and improved version. The SNOT construction, studless skin, and cleaned up colour scheme are all marvellous. The landing gear is a triumph of Technic engineering applied to .space (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: XB-202a stealth revision (I fixed the deep links)

(...) Thats a really nice piece of SNOT engineering on a large scale. I would like to seem more photos detailing the wing construction if possible. I like the "plywood" approach to add strength to the wing. Probably really helps to keep them from (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: XB-202a stealth revision (I fixed the deep links)

(...) Very, very, very sexy-looking. Great use of tiles at different heights to keep detail on the studless surface and add realism. I love the engine intakes and the leading-edge wing lights. I agree with Mladen, in that a bunch of optional extra (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: XB-202a stealth revision (I fixed the deep links)

Mladen, I appreciate your comments, especially since your "Mammoth Next-Generation Hovertank" is one of my all-time favorite MOCs. It completely changed the way I think about color. More ordinance? I had originally designed the wings with two (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: XB-202a stealth revision (I fixed the deep links)

Paul, Thanks for your comments. I've been a lurking fan of your work for some time. In my opinion, the Empyrean Flame is among the best Lego spaceships ever. I would be honered if you chose to use a similar wing design. I'm going to post an (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: XB-202a stealth revision (I fixed the deep links)

(...) imparessive. The landing gear are excellent, and it's amazing that you were able to make SNOT wings work at that large a scale. I sincerely hope you're able to bring this to a Sealug meeting one of these days. -Grand Admiral .space Curator (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: XB-202a stealth revision (I fixed the deep links)

(...) Perhaps you'll just have to design an internal weapons bay. :) -Grand Admiral .space Curator (URL) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: XB-202a stealth revision (I fixed the deep links)

In lugnet.space, Jon Walker wrote: Snip snip (...) A most impressive build, Jon. In addition to what others have said, I especially like how you used the hinge plates for the control surfaces; it is a most elegant solution and very realistic in its (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: XB-202a stealth revision (I fixed the deep links)

I think more tapered, rectangular wings with a big rectangular, grey sensors unit at front (like a hammerhead shark) would look better. Also, make the body less elongated. (20 years ago, 4-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: XB-202a stealth revision (I fixed the deep links)

(...) You left out, the colour, landing gear, figs, name (both ship and builder) and photo quality. ;) Tongue in cheek, -G PS. I quite like this Jon...a wonderfully large fighter that still has plenty of 'WHOOSH!' to it. Great build. (20 years ago, 4-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: XB-202a stealth revision (I fixed the deep links)

(...) beautiful. But I just saw the dissection photos of the wing on Brickshelf and now I think it's Pure Fricken Genius. <applause> Allister (20 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)

  Re: XB-202a stealth revision (I fixed the deep links)

(...) notice, or (...) explanation (...) back in (...) wings (...) kind of (...) so I (...) VTOL (...) fuselage (...) Let's (...) Most of my models have an "Internal Anti-grav Generator." Since generating anti-grav is as common in the future as (...) (20 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.space)