 Space / 29424
  How to stretch a brick supply?

Hey all I'm almost done with my latest MOC, but I'm having trouble because of a relatively small grey piece supply. First, this is a space destroyer, maybe not a "cap ship" by some standards, but ~92 studs long. The shape is kinda boxy, and I'm (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: How to stretch a brick supply?

(...) Well, I may be able to help you, but I'd have to have more information to help you in any meaningful way. The sneak-peek pictures would definitely help, as well as a more detailed description of what you're trying to achieve. Any examples of (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: How to stretch a brick supply?

In lugnet.space, Andrew Engstrom wrote: SNIP (...) White looks pretty good with grey and yellow. I'd recommend a limited version of Mladen's "color blocking" techniques, using broad stripes of white to break up the grey. Also, adding "weapons (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Cap-ship (was: How to stretch a brick supply?)

(...) Thanks for the reply! These are deeplinks to the pics on b-shelf: (5 URLs) And the moderated folder: (URL) this ship, I'm testing the waters in Cap-ship building. I've been grazing over pics from the great builders of .space, and I'm trying to (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Cap-ship (was: How to stretch a brick supply?)

Check out Paul's site about offset building, it has some great ideas. (URL) Also plates and click hinges and turntables make for some amazing angles to put on the outside and hide the box. What you have so far looks great. Keep it coming. Pat Bunn (21 years ago, 6-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: How to stretch a brick supply?

(...) building at a slightly smaller scale saves bricks; especially for a "cap"ship (URL) :)) seriously, could the bridge be only a 1/2 deck higher than the next deck down? in Star Trek Voyager the captains ready room & the conference rooms were a (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)