 Space / 29452
Re: Cap-ship (was: How to stretch a brick supply?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 00:48:09 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jordan D. Greer wrote:
   Well, I may be able to help you, but I’d have to have more information to help you in any meaningful way. The sneak-peek pictures would definitely help, as well as a more detailed description of what you’re trying to achieve. Any examples of your work previously built would also help.

Thanks for the reply!

These are deeplinks to the pics on b-shelf:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lego-dude9/SneakPeek/sneak1.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lego-dude9/SneakPeek/sneak2.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lego-dude9/SneakPeek/sneak3.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lego-dude9/SneakPeek/sneak4.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lego-dude9/SneakPeek/sneak5.jpg

And the moderated folder:

With this ship, I’m testing the waters in Cap-ship building. I’ve been grazing over pics from the great builders of .space, and I’m trying to incorporate new ways of building. The most limiting factor is the small-er-ish size of my collection. So, it is also a grand experiment in conserving brick.

Because I am a novice at building this large of a ship, I immediately started in a traditional SOT manner, using a pair of convenient grey plates as the base of each end of the ship. I’m okay with the landing bay being somewhat boxy, but not the other end, so I greebled those engines as well as I could. A few power transformers are next in line to be put on top of the engine room roof.

One of the images shows a bridge setup, but that’s just an idea. I’m trying to figure out how I can stretch my collection to finish off either a second-level bridge, or a flying bridge (the distinction in my mind being that a “flying” bridge is connected to the rest of the ship by only a “neck”). The bridge needs to be in that position, or the middle section will look too skinny and flimsy.

If you’re interested in seeing more of my work, check out my brickshelf folder:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=lego-dude9

Thanks for the interest!

Andrew