 Space / 28983
  Re: Selling my MOC Gunstar (maybe)

(...) design. I'd also tell my wife where she could stick it if she told me to sell off my LEGO. -Grand Admiral .space Curator (URL) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: Selling my MOC Gunstar (maybe)

(...) I know this will probably get me stuffed into an airlock and ejected from the mother ship, but chill out, dude! First of all, this doesn't look like somebody who is trying to profit from anything. He's selling off his toys to recoup some of (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Selling my MOC Gunstar (maybe)

(...) Wait a minute. You copied the design of the Gunstar in the first place. Maybe Mr Schamp should pay a royalty to whoever designed the Gunstar in the first place? :-) It's a copy of a copy. Steve (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: Selling my MOC Gunstar (maybe)

(...) I'm only replying to this portion of the post because this contains my whole point. I have no problem whatsoever with him copying or rebuilding one of my designs for his OWN enjoyment. I have seen his Gunstar on brickshelf before and was (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: Selling my MOC Gunstar (maybe)

(...) I think the truth is that Ryan will discover the same thing that many others have. It is very difficult to re-sell anything made out of LEGO for a profit. I could see your beef if he took one of your designs verbatim, LDRAW-ed up an (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Selling my MOC Gunstar (maybe)

(...) You could sell your wife and keep the Lego? Just kidding! Just kidding! Anne's suggestion of selling the models broken down to parts as a collection sale may be your best option. Make sure to post to Lugnet, FBTB and Auctionbrick if you (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: Selling my MOC Gunstar (maybe)

(...) I would ;) (...) Seriously, I want to know what life is about without indulgences. I mean you're buying a house--not entering the Peace Corps. (...) There are a lot of examples of people selling their entire collections, especially on Ebay, on (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Selling my MOC Gunstar (maybe)

(...) Chris, keep the fire suit on, then do a search on "Bram Lambrecht" where someone copied one of his car designs...then tried to profit on it... Likewise, If you're selling your Lego collection, makes me wonder how die-hard a Lego fan you are... (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Selling my MOC Gunstar (maybe)

(...) I don't think that somebody's level of "die-hardness" (?) has any bearing on this discussion. But the Bram Lambrecht incident certainly does. Grab yourself a cold beverage, get comfortable, and read this nice piece of armchair lawyering: (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Selling my MOC Gunstar (maybe)

This debate doesn't belong in .starwars for starters, but here goes. Now for those of you who don't agree with/like someone copying your designs, try this - Go get a brick by brick design patent on it! Then, and only then, will you have a legal (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.starwars)