 Space / 28886
  Wasteland pursuit vehicle

Even newly colonised worlds need law and order, and to help quell the tide of banditry that frontier towns inevitably attract, colony authorities have adopted the use of high speed off-road capable police vehicles such as the Wasteland ORS (Off Road (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, FTX) !

  Re: Wasteland pursuit vehicle

(...) Allister, your models never cease to amaze. I really love this one! -Tim (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Wasteland pursuit vehicle

(...) That's really snazzy. I like the fenders. One (incredibly tiny) minor nitpick though. I think most police light bars have the red on one side and the blue on the other, not doubled up on both sides like how you show it. But hey, I don't know (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Wasteland pursuit vehicle

(...) This thing is so wild...I love it. The angles of the fenders and the extreme off road look makes it look like hours of fun. Is it sturdy enuff to handle vrooming over shag carpeting? I've filed this away for 'borrowing' later....it would make (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Wasteland pursuit vehicle

(...) Thanks Tim. I think I might even be able to ldraw this one. I think all the parts are there. Allister (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Wasteland pursuit vehicle

(...) Thanks (...) Over here they're all blue. Lets just say they do things differently in the colonies. ;) Btw, my basis was the desire to use those cool Jack Stone tranparent pieces :) (can I use the words 'cool' and 'Jack Stone' in the same (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Wasteland pursuit vehicle

(...) Well, the fenders are a weak point. They tend to flop around and fall off fairly easily. Also the motor is a little weak for pushing around this kind of brick count, but if you give it a helping push it vrooms most satisfactorily. I haven't (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Wasteland pursuit vehicle

(...) SNIP (...) Allister, Although I think your creation is cool and well constructed, what I really enjoyed was your write-up. The bullets and formatting make it easy to scan, and once I scanned it, the info really pulled me in. A good arguement (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Wasteland pursuit vehicle

(...) hey, this thing is sweet looking... i just picked up another one of these pullback motors and was looking at the thing scratchin my head thinking "how many of these do i have to own before i'll ever use one." Glad to see that at least someone (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Wasteland pursuit vehicle

(...) Go for it. They're a hoot. I've got about 8 of the little ones. If you put skinny tyres on 'em they scoot about polished floors all over the place in a highly amusing, Keystone cops kind of way. Wee Dougal and I have a ball with them. (...) (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Wasteland pursuit vehicle

In lugnet.space, Allister McLaren wrote: <snip> (...) I don't normally comment on MOC's in .space (although I hand out highlights and spotlights as I see fit) but I had to on this one :) It looks like the McLaren F1 police car for offroad use, as-in (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Wasteland pursuit vehicle

(...) This is really tight little MOC. It's got soo many cool design elements in it. It's definitely sporty, has a rugged off-road feel, sleek curves. I hope you don't mind if I borrow this idea for some of my own future MOCs. Excellent work. (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Wasteland pursuit vehicle

(...) Since there's a BI portal comp running right now, I think I may start on this sooner rather than later. It turns out the p.b. motors aren't modeled yet, so I'll have to model a similar shape with normal bricks, but it should be easy enough to (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Wasteland pursuit vehicle

(...) Thanks (...) Go right ahead. I'd love to see them. Allister (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)