 Space / 28139
    Re: Three new Wipeout MOCs —Alexander Johnston
   (...) I'm getting the impression that you are envisioning me doing something just completely above and beyond radical here. I don't know why people freak out whenever I mention cut-out parts. I am not doing anything THAT radical. The most "severe" (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: Three new Wipeout MOCs —Paul Baulch
   (...) Well Alexander, let's look at it from a technical point of view. Your MOC uses pieces of ABS plastic made by cutting up genuine LEGO elements. By all reasonable definitions, those pieces are no longer genuine LEGO elements - they're just (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: Three new Wipeout MOCs —Alexander Johnston
   (...) I'll conceede to that. (...) I have heard this argument about a thousand times, yet I have yet to see anyone pull it off without doing what I did. I'd be more than willing to learn to be a better Lego creator if people gave me some reasonable (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Non-genuine LEGO MOCs (Was Re: Three new Wipeout MOCs) —Paul Baulch
   (...) I'm disappointed that you imply that the community is at fault for not helping you. I also fail to understand how we're supposed to design our version of such a model according to your subjective criteria for "pulling it off". We'd have to use (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: Non-genuine LEGO MOCs (Was Re: Three new Wipeout MOCs) —Alexander Johnston
   (...) I don't think it's the communities fault. All I'm saying is if you have suggestions on improvment, tell me. Don't just complain. (...) I know you weren't insulting me. I was refering to Arnie's comments. Also, I'm not exactly sure where I was (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)