 Space / 27887
Re: How extensively do you plan ships?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 21:54:33 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jordan D. Greer wrote:
   How extensively do all of you plan your vessels before you commence
with construction? Personally, I usually do a small doodle or just start
building before making a ship of less than 120 studs. When the ships are
larger than that, I generally do a lot of math and drawings to figure
out how many pieces will be needed, general shapes, construction
methods, angles, masses, et cetera. By far, I think the most useful
planning one can do is figure out the minimum amount of pieces of
appropriate types that can be used in a vessel of dimensions (x,y,z).
Just doodling general features is also very useful. I would probably do
a bit more of planning if I had better drawing skills, but alas, I do
not possess such at this moment.

I just wait 'till an idea strikes me, then I just build like mad.  I never plan
my MOCs.  They just come out... naturaly, I guess.  Even on my big(ger) MOCs.

-JHK