 Space / 27884
Re: How extensively do you plan ships?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 19:32:26 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jordan D. Greer wrote:

How extensively do all of you plan your vessels before you commence with construction? Personally, I usually do a small doodle or just start building before making a ship of less than 120 studs. When the ships are larger than that, I generally do a lot of math and drawings to figure out how many pieces will be needed, general shapes, construction methods, angles, masses, et cetera. By far, I think the most useful planning one can do is figure out the minimum amount of pieces of appropriate types that can be used in a vessel of dimensions (x,y,z). Just doodling general features is also very useful. I would probably do a bit more of planning if I had better drawing skills, but alas, I do not possess such at this moment.

I tend to do a bunch of sketchs, no matter the size. My current bomber, awaiting finishing parts, took three sketchs which i’ll upload with the pics, to see the plan and the result. larger ships take full breakdowns.

Rick