 Space / 27871
    How extensively do you plan ships? —Jordan D. Greer
    How extensively do all of you plan your vessels before you commence with construction? Personally, I usually do a small doodle or just start building before making a ship of less than 120 studs. When the ships are larger than that, I generally do a (...) (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

        Re: How extensively do you plan ships? —Bob Hayes
     (...) I get an idea for a ship, then I think about it for a few days or weeks, before putting any bricks together or putting anything on paper. I found the best time for this "mental review" is on the Metro ride to work and laying in bed before (...) (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

        Re: How extensively do you plan ships? —Rick Hallman
     (...) I tend to do a bunch of sketchs, no matter the size. My current bomber, awaiting finishing parts, took three sketchs which i'll upload with the pics, to see the plan and the result. larger ships take full breakdowns. Rick (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: How extensively do you plan ships? —John Henry Kruer
     (...) I just wait 'till an idea strikes me, then I just build like mad. I never plan my MOCs. They just come out... naturaly, I guess. Even on my big(ger) MOCs. -JHK (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

        Re: How extensively do you plan ships? —Zac Soden
     (...) Hi there, Jordan, For ships under 50 studs, I generally start with what piece I will be using for the cockpit canopy. I sometimes will base a model on a sketch that I have drawn but other than that I just have a look at what colours I have (...) (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

         Re: How extensively do you plan ships? —Jordan D. Greer
     (...) That's cool. I usually make silhouette sketches as well, usually top-down, side, and forward views. I was zoning out in trig' thinking about a ship that I plan to make, and thought of several construction techniques I need to use. Too bad my (...) (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

        Re: How extensively do you plan ships? —Curt Tigges
   (...) For larger MOCs, I usually think of a small idea, like a cargo bay, or a door, or something like that, and then I mentally build a ship around the idea. Then, I'll draw a floor plan on graph paper, calculating how many pieces I need for the (...) (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)