 Space / 27709
    Moonbase Roads —Jon Palmer
   I think we should start to develop a standard for small roads or paths on the Moonbase ground. I am NOT talking about road baseplates. For this we would actually build the roads on the normal 48x48 baseplates we're using. Think about it. We do (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Moonbase Roads —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) That's a terrible idea! Just kidding. File away in the "to think about later" bin... there's a minimum height that a tram has to be, which is driven by the height of a 9V motor unit as it sits on the tracks. It might be nice to be a brick or (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Moonbase Roads —Dave Johann
     I'm all for this, but have no suggestions for the group. Please keep in mind that this would be next to impossible to implement for those of us using raised baseplates in the layout and for those that make use of the actual baseplate for their (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

         Re: Moonbase Roads —Larry Pieniazek
      (...) My thinking is that not every module facing edge has to have both a road connect and a module interconnect, it could have either, both, or neither. Roads could become tunnels through modules that go right down to the edge, or not go through at (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

         Re: Moonbase Roads —Jordan Bradford
     (...) In real life, when undeveloped land is rezoned, the roads are planned first, and then the land is divided into lots. Then the land is sold and stuff is built. In real life, when buildings already exist in a location, the road is either moved, (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: Moonbase Roads —Nikolai Pieniazek
     (...) ya it could be a turnpike and like places there would be a toll. Nikolai Pieniazek (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Moonbase Roads —Chris Maddison
     (...) Yah, this is what I assumed would be happening with everyone else's modules when I built this: (URL) this one never even made it to a layout (well, neither have I, but that's another story). I really like the idea of having parking lots for (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Moonbase Roads —Nick Kappatos
     (...) I think that in lieu of road plates, the most flexible system would be 1x1 transparent rounds (red or flourescent yellow) used to mark the path, like an airport runway. This way, the path could be adjusted during a layout with a minimum amount (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

         Re: Moonbase Roads —Tony Alexander
     (...) DING DING DING!!! I'm diggin' this idea. It's flexible, easy to use, .spacey (there's always little runway lighting going on), and open to any road shape and direction instead of being confined to right angles. I second this motion. Bring on (...) (21 years ago, 3-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Moonbase Roads —Markham Carroll
    "Jon Palmer" <jon@zemi.net> wrote in message news:HKK1tM.1IrJ@lugnet.com... (...) There are the track parts from those Racer's sets. We could set those up and have some little space cars zipping through the moon bases! Put in a jump here and there (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)