 Space / 27709
27708  |  27710
Subject:
Moonbase Roads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 2003 21:44:33 GMT

I think we should start to develop a standard for small roads or paths on
the Moonbase ground.  I am NOT talking about road baseplates.  For this we
would actually build the roads on the normal 48x48 baseplates we're using.

Think about it.  We do almost nothing with the ground on a Moonbase.  I
think we have a lot more playing to do down there.  If we had a road/path
system we could have all sorts of rovers and vehicles moving cargo and
people all over the moonbase.

And before someone says "Why not just have railroad track laid down there?",
you should know that I think that's a good idea too (as odd as it sounds)
but it's a *different* idea.  I do think if it was done right, a short (ie:
not tall) tram system running on train track under the modules would look
gorgeous along with the other paths and the monorail.

But think about a road idea for now.
Ideas?

--
[  j o n ]