 Space / 26924
Re: Yoshima
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 13:17:40 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer wrote:
   Zion has a new weapon in the war with the machines:

Yoshima is a hovership escort. This class of hovership protects larger ships like the Icarus and the Nebuchadnezzar. They’re small, extremely manueverable and very mean.

The machines will fall.

j o n
zemi.net
the-shipyard

You’ve commented before how you liked the spindley, jutting look of some of my stuff.....well sir, this is the big grand pimpdaddy of all those little suckers...and then some. I love it. The orientation of the ship makes it all the much more ‘real’ to me...it only makes sense that a hovership would take advantage of all vectors and points on the axis. In this case, cruising on the 45 degree plain seems to allow the repulsors to provide both lift and thrust, as well as clearing the tail section for the firing line of those nasty looking machine gun nests. Layering the plates also keeps the industrial look of it’s inspirations.

Other than looking just plain cool, I really like this as you can see that it is the end result of some good, hard thinkin’, figurin’ and of course, buildin’.

Yet another reason to lament my inability to make ‘Fest.

Cheers, -G

Any chance for interior shots?