 Space / 26884
Re: Yoshima
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 09:39:02 GMT

In lugnet.space, David Laswell wrote:

Judging from the responses, I guess I’m probably the only person who thinks there should be at least one more repulsor pad.

-snip-

Honestly I just build what looks good, and this configuration seemed to be the most pleasing to the eye. Considering that it’s all fanboy speculation how a hoverpod works, I’m not too worried about it.

   That aside, it seems to stay very faithful to the design parameters suggested by the Nebbie, with the slightly tadpole-ish look, all of the little spars sticking out everywhere (does anyone actually know what they’re supposed to do?), and the look of thick plated armor. I find the gatling gun design to be very interesting, as if it was intended to be used solely for defensive retreats (they don’t look like they can swing around to point forward).

I think they’re for broadcasting into the matrix personally. The guns don’t swing forward, but when the ship has the arm swung forward they are. Aside from that I might rebuild their mounts to be more aimable.

   And to the questions...

The ski-claw on the front looks pretty cool, but what’s it for?

It’s a big electro gun. If the EMP mines in the back don’t take the power from the sentinals, then we’ll give ‘em as much as they can take.

   What’s the crew size?

4 or 5, I’ll have it settled when I finish the interior.

   I checked on your website and I couldn’t find any other pics. I assume we’ll see a full spread once you’ve got that little gathering out of the way?

That little gathering will afford you with bunches of pics.

Thanks for the input!

    j o n
zemi.net
the-shipyard