 Space / 26417
Re: The U. S. S. Roderik has been launched!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 20:03:34 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Nathan Wells wrote:

   Perhaps I was wrong to label the front of the ship the bridge. A Bridge indicates it is the head of a ship that is so big it needs a captain. The Roderik, OTOH, is basically a stretched out Shuttle craft with two pilots of equal rank making the decisions together, unlike a captain (or admiral, for that matter) dictating his/her commands to a crew. Therefore, the hatch is in the front of the ship where the captain’s chair would be on a larger ship because the ship isn’t big enough to need a captain. Admiral Wells was just visiting the Roderik as a VIP guest, not as a commanding officer.

I think you’re missing my point.

I think it’s a bit odd to have the entry hatch in the middle of your cockpit/piloting area/whatever.

I would think you’d want it to be located further aft, to allow for messy research stuff to be brought on board without having to travel through the cockpit.

Aahhh! I see now. Locating the hatch further back on the ship makes much more sense. When I build the Roderik’s sister ship I also want to include an airlock as well.