 Space / 26378
Re: The U. S. S. Roderik has been launched!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 04:39:11 GMT

In lugnet.space, Trevor Pruden wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Nathan Wells wrote:

(buzzcut)

   The landing legs look really wimpy on a ship of this size. I suggest doubling them up so they’re at least 2-wide... and put some nice big feet on them.

The landing gear should be A LOT bigger given the presumed mass of the ship. But I agree that they should pull into the fuselage. If this is a landing craft, thent here should be banks of landing thrusters as well for a full VTOL effect.

One could keep the wimpy-looking landing gear and instead devise a Higgs Boson Field Negator, which would cut the percieved mass of the ship tremendously. As a bonus, it could also allow you to travel at or near c with realistic fuel expenditures.

Just a thought...

Mike