 Space / 26373
Re: The U. S. S. Roderik has been launched!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 00:39:02 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Nathan Wells wrote:

   The engines look weak. I suggest recessing that center plate and putting a couple of wheels or cylindrical elements in there to suggest large engine openings. The dishes you currently have don’t suggest power or engines at all, IMO.

The landing legs look really wimpy on a ship of this size. I suggest doubling them up so they’re at least 2-wide... and put some nice big feet on them.

-Grand Admiral and Keeper of Fleebnorks

I tend to agree...I’ve really grown to like larger engine areas...and after seeing Dan Jassim’s Dragonstar I am pretty much convinced that it can be done properly. For smaller ships, I think Dan’s star shuttle is another good example of cases where you don’t have much space for engines: Just place them out the outside!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DanJassim/StarShuttle/starshuttle-a1.jpg

The landing gear should be A LOT bigger given the presumed mass of the ship. But I agree that they should pull into the fuselage. If this is a landing craft, thent here should be banks of landing thrusters as well for a full VTOL effect.