 Space / 25988
Re: File Size
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 23:23:23 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tom Bozzo wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Nathan Wells wrote:
   Wait! Aren’t Adobe Photo Deluxe and Photoshop different programs??

They are. If Photo Deluxe really doesn’t have an adjustment for the JPEG compression ratio, note that you can also do this with the OS X Preview app too. Open your image in Preview, then select the ‘Export’ option under the File menu. In the dialog box, there’s a pop-up menu to select the file format. Select JPEG and click the ‘Options’ button to see the quality slider, with 5 settings. The medium setting seems to be a good balance for the most part, though I’ve used the medium-high quality setting if I get too many compression artifacts. It also gives a box to give a target file size as an alternative.

Regards, Tom

WOW! Thanks! This has reduced 250 KB image to an 52 KB image!

Thanks again!