 Space / 25957
Re: File Size
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 18:46:06 GMT

In lugnet.space, Joel Hoornbeek wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Adrian Drake wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Rick Hallman wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Nathan Wells wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Chris Giddens wrote:
   Nathan (and to all posters :-) ),

Do us a favor (on dialup AND high speed)... cut down the file size on those pics.

Okay..I’ll try to do that next time...can you give me some tips?

when it says when you save them as JPEG files what your compression ratio is, usually it’s around 90. the lower the number, the less in file size at sacrifice of quality.

I think you’ve got that backwards. The lower the number, the less compression, so the better the image quality and the larger the image. The number is the percent compression ratio. At least that’s how it works with paint shop pro. I save all of my images at 30% usually.

Adrian

http://www.brickfrenzy.com

Different programs may state it in different ways. I use Irfanview for most of my general cropping/resizing/batch processing. The JPG slider it offers is given in terms of quality from 0 (lowest quality) to 100 (highest quality). I normally use a quality level of between 80 and 90.

Joel

I use Adobe Photo Deluxe on a Mac OS X. Where would I compress my images in that program?