 Space / 25915
Re: The Kalashnikov is ready for Battle.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 19:42:59 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Hartzog wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:

-Jr.Marshal Hoffman

Went through all of the pics

shows a real nice use of repeated elements.

overall, its a good build,

why thank you, Paul.

   but here are a few comments:

1) the light grey is great for greebs but not so good for plates on this ship

Yes, I know this. Unfortunately for me, I don’t have any 6x6 corner plates in any color other than light grey. Perhaps a trip to bricklink might be in order.

An example of my lack of parts and the inconsistencies with my conceptual ideas.

   2) the engines are too small to be believable, and the amount of ‘engine’ inside the ship is negligible

do you mean the warp nacelles or the thrusters? If you mean the thrusters, do you mean i should have added more ‘engine’ inside the ship, or more outside? Also, any idea as how I could expand the engines to make them more believable?

   3) the bottom sux :-). take a look at some PCS ships to see really great bottom greebling, imho.

Ah come on! This is my first real attempt at a detail bottom. sure, it ain’t so good, but “sux”? heck, it could have been just flat! surely that would have been worse than what I did!

and I did study several of adm.gidden’s designs for detail underneiths, but found he used some pieces that I didn’t have (in dark grey - only burnt orange) and are only available in large sets. Also, the kalashnikov is a bit bigger than any of the PCS ships, so that was a factor to add in. but like i said, this was primarily a first step into the world below, so expect more and better in the MOCs to come.

-Jr.Marshal Hoffman