 Space / 25909
Re: The Kalashnikov is ready for Battle.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 15:52:36 GMT

In lugnet.space, Allister McLaren wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   Comrades,

The Office of the Jr.Marshal is pleased to announce the completion of its latest and greatest project: The Long-Range Interstellar Strategic Warship, the Kalashnikov.

Not too shabby at all. I was concerned that the colour scheme might not work whilst looking at the progress pictures, but while it is fairly jumbled, it works. It adds to the greebling effect I think.

Yeah, color was something that I decided to wait until the end to work on, relying on adding colored tiles and plates to the exterior. I imagine this as an early type of long range ship, so paint was added generally along a ‘spine’, except where greebling needed to show through. I think that’s why the jumbled look works, because it is essentially jumbled along a line that follows up the back.

   You’ve taken the angled wall idea you’ve used previously and refined it to a high degree. I think it’s the extra greebling on the sides of the angled sections that does it.

thanks. for some reason, i really like working with angled walls. I guess, following the ISD construction, it is a good way to have both smooth and greebled areas that compliment each other.

The escape pods are great, but is there room for four in each one?

heh. well, given sitting on each other’s laps, feet in faces, etc, I’m sure there is. I think it works on the same principle that allow thirteen of my closest friends to all drive to the movie theatre in my small car. if there’s a will ... and if your spaceship is exploding, im sure there’s a will.

;o)

-Jr.Mar.Hoffman