 Space / 25813
Re: *Now* I'm moved in.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.people, lugnet.space, lugnet.storage
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 08:19:59 GMT

"Andrew P. Saada" <apsaada@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Lovely setup you've established there Mr. Curator. Those tables look sharp • and
comfy. What was the verdict on shelving/drawer containers/structures? I'm
interested in what you think of them: quality, size, etc. I see Q, C, K, • and O
that's a spiffy stool.

Maintain build level.

-Andrew

The 2 tables are Ikea Jerkers (Eric in Swedish, thanks Anders :-)
I'm very glad I got these.  They're cheap, ( I can't really think of a
reason not to like Ikea at the moment) *very* strong, and the finish (beech)
is a nice warm orange-ish color.

The big drawers are Iris units from Target and Staples.  The small drawers
are from Lowes.  The fronts on the iris drawers seem to be a bit brittle,
but that's the only real complaint with them.  Also, the units I got from
lowes don't have a notch to really "stack" like my old akro mils drawers,
but the plastic quality seems better.

It's worth mentioning that I went for lots of room with this setup.  I can
compact my collection to about 1 quarter of the space it takes up in this
setup.  All this extra room isn't really for expansion (I fight an
unmanageable, growing collection like the plague) but because it's really
nice to have all hat extra room to fish around for a part.

As for the ships you saw, left to right:

O, T, Bob, Bot, L, Scum, Spinner, M (being rebuilt again), K, part of Q
(you'll see), Starbug

So you were close :-)

The stool is groovy, but it'll mostly be for the lego part of the desk.  I'm
gonna hunt down a comfy office chair for the comp.

[ j o n ]
--
http://zemi.net
http://the-shipyard.com