 Space / 25702
Re: Trophies at Brickfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 21:28:31 GMT

Best Newcomer Creation (for people who aren't the Space elite already)

I've never liked this business of separating people into "Space Elite"
because it makes the rest of us out to be newbs when really, we all exist on
a spectrum (and some of those "Elite" can still learn something from the
rest of us).  How would you determine who's "space elite" ?  Anything that
earns that award would probably be made by someone who is space elite, but
just not well known.  Maybe you could have a best sub-12 year old creation
(or 10 or 8?  I'm not sure what today's 8 - 12 year olds are capable of).

I would tend to agree here.  I'm not a newcomer and certainly don't fit into the
elite category so this alienates a lot of us.  I'm more inclined to go with the
classics (best small, medium, etc) then have something like best alien craft or
something to that effect.

What about a Best pre-1990 style model?  That would limit design to anything
using CS, Fut, BT1, and SP1.

These are all good ideas.  Rather than arguing about what won't work, let's
brainstorm for the time being and get as many ideas on the table as possible.

-Felix