 Space / 25242
Re: StarCraft MOC's - Terran BattleCruiser
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 08:10:11 GMT

In lugnet.space, Travis Matheson wrote:

It’s a Terran BattleCruiser form the Blizzard title “StarCraft”. Loved the Game and felt that it posed a few good MOC opportunities. so without further ado (???)

Post Moderation http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=46892

Actually, I was toying around with building a Terran Battlecruiser... I’d always liked the ship, well the in-game design anyway, it seemed to have slightly better lines than the one from the cutscenes (which seemed unnecessarily blocky). Did you model this off the cutscene CG model, or the in-game sprite?

It has a good shape and the front is nicely detailed, I’m puzzled as to why you didn’t add some similar (but more regular) stuff on the rest of the ship. I think it needs it. I’d also consider modifying the blue bulkheads on the “wings”, do you have some blue grille tiles you could put on them or something?

It’s promising, cover some of those exposed areas of studs and we’ll be getting somewhere. Oh, and hurry up and post your new ship, ‘cos that one’s definitely cool :-)

Cheers,