 Space / 24660
Re: Capital Ship Engine System
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:37:46 GMT

   John, these are sample pics of my caps/sub caps that utilize the bussard concept....

   http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tpruden/Hercules-Frigate/frigate1_black.jpg

   http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tpruden/Intradiction-Cruiser/intradiction1.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tpruden/Destroyer-Mark-4/constitution_1.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tpruden/Missile-Corvette/tdf_osiris_3.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tpruden/Standard-Corvette/tdf_bailey_1.jpg

Trevor,

I’d be hard pressed to call these sub capital ships! There as big and bigger than the one I’m calling a capital ship. Wow. Very cool. There was a thread a few months back that kinda outlined (if memory serves :-)the generally accepted characteristics as follows:

1. At least 100 studs long 2. Possessing docking facilities 3. Possessing a bridge that doesn’t occupy most of the ship. 4. Can’t land on a planet (a “rule” which I tend to bend personally)

I can’t remember all the charactaristics though. Why do you call them sub caps? Aside from the fact it doesn’t really matter one way or the other?

John

P.S. What about inside shots? I’m heading over to brickshelf... :-)