 Space / 24301
24300  |  24302
Subject:
Capital Ship Engine System
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 18:14:38 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello All,

From moocher to member in only 600+ days!  Check's in the mail.  I'm a member.
On to the photos...

I'm no scientist so I dunno if the physics of it all is right.  But, I wanted to
imagine that my ship could use space particles for fuel i.e. dust, gas, etc.  In
a nutshell it captures the stuff and converts it to fuel.

So here's where the gas and stuff get's sucked into the ship:

A wider shot (there's four intake tubes, two on each side of the ship)

The space stuff gets sucked down these tubes at light speed or something fast
like that (note the escape pods in the picture too)

Then turns and converted into the first phase of energy for fuel here

Travels down these conversion tubes (see also the huge vacuum cleanerlike
turbine in the center top of the picture...that's the thing that sucks all the
space gas through the system and then it spews out the waste byproducts)

Here's where the red raw energy is collected (you can just barely make out where
the tube containing it is behind the computer

Here's a better view from the back taken during the construction process

From this holding tank it's sent through the final converter, made into blue
fuel (looking suspiciously like a light saber :-) and sent into the engine
itself...the big angled blue thing is an engine regulator...gotta have a
regulator don't ya know...

And finally here's a picture of the engines...note the fuel intake/conversion
system is duplicated top and bottom...this is a fast ship :-)

Please let me know what you think :-)

John