 Space / 24323
Re: The EBKD Kalashnikov Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 22:44:09 GMT

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:

and being an artist, i find that i am adept at exposing myself to public ridicule. even if the kalashnikov turns out to be a disaster and needs to be scrapped, i’ll continue with a new design until i find something that works. i did a similiar thing with the ‘Duvernay’, with both a first (bad) version and second (good) version.

It’s interesting to see you progression... you’re just getting better and better can’t wait to see the results- looks good.

Here’s a ‘timeline’ of my stuff:

Small transport. Ouch, feel the pain.

Morning star. Friend’s bad camera...

Unnamed. First attempt at anything resembaling a color scheme.

Multi-ship. My first real attempt at building a good ship. New digicam, too.

Starship Regency. My first attempt at a medium-sized ship. Some interesting ideas...

Junk Ship. A creative design-I like it so much that I’m rebuilding it now.

Nightshadow. My first (and only) ‘cool’ sports-craft. Also included is my first pathetic attempt using Photoshop.

The X-5. An attempt at a unified color scheme. Best ship posted so far. (But wait till I finish what I have in progress...)

It would be interesting to see people’s old, horrible designs that eventually led to good modeldom.

-JHK