 Space / 23729
Re: Heavy-duty turntables.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 17 May 2003 02:34:10 GMT

In lugnet.space, John R. Beck writes:
Hi,

I struggled with much the same issue on my capital ship.  I wanted to
replicate the Millenium Falcon concept of two accessible turrets.  But by
the time I was done the proportions seemed way off to me.  The turrets were
one fifth the length of the ship. In the "end" I turned those turrets into
shuttles and installed two smaller cannons remotely controlled by the bridge...

That must have been disappointing. However, using a large 6x6 gear, four
round flat thingies with studs on top, and a 6x6 radar dish, I've come up
with a partial solution. The only real problem is the lack of good anchoring
on the vertical axis. If I had a Mac version of a 3D Lego modeler, I'd show
ya' what I've built, but.. Where can I get one, people?