 Space / 23494
  Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) My club (BayLUG) looked into doing a display at a SF con recently but their "art show" policies were more oriented towards items for sale, and had fees that we didn't want to pay, etc. So we decided against it. I've been trying to advance the (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) I really like the idea of SIGs. There is more then trains to display. :) Although you get the basic 'where to display' problem, 'cause there are about a million train shows around but much fewer sci-fi displays and practically no Castle (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) If you want to see more places to display MOCs, _make_ more places to display MOCs. Talk to local toy/hobby stores and/or malls and see if they'd be interested in having an event day where people could stop by and check out what's possible. (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) MichLUG is actually doing a show at a Comic Con the weekend after next. They approached us even. We will be setting up both a space/moonbase display as well as a castle display. The idea of creating a SIG (within MichLUG) for space or castle (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) Weellllll.... you could fly to FL every month...or drive to Lansing, there are lots of Michiganders that are spaceheads. (To name a few...Trevor Pruden, Rick Hallman, Jason Spears, Scott Sanburn, Peter Guenther...) You should come to a meeting (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) You would be surprised where you can display. Soren and I were at a library last month discussing the finer points of building when they approached us to do a display (that's this weekend). I've also seen a display at the airport. (I don't (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

Kyle Keppler lives near Jacksonville? Wow, I thought all the florida people were in Tampa. I'm in Tallahassee, while that is 3 hours away, I travel to jacksonville at least once a month (my wife's family lives there). I'd be more than happy to (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.space)

  SF Cons (was: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

(...) MichLUG did thee SF cons, exhibiting in the art room at one of them. Though they were in the art room, and had artist badges, it was understood by the event organizers that they weren't there to sell stuff and therefore weren't a direct (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.space)