 Space / 23494
Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2003 23:04:54 GMT

"Hendo (John P. Henderson)" <hendo@valyance.com> writes:
In lugnet.general, Stephen Wroble writes:
And then there are the themes. Some of the themes seem to have bigger
followings than others (or is it simply that they have more active followers
than others?) There seem to be a lot of LTCs (LEGO Train Clubs) but I have
never seen a LEGO Castle Club or a LEGO Space Club.

FUT .space.

What do you say fellas?  Imagine a new LSC (Lego Space Club) showing up at a
Sci Fi convention and dominating a whole corner with Moonbases and SHIPs...
I bet a number of visitors would be converted over from collecting
comic-book action figures and would start buying Lego.  Muwhahahaaha!

Of course, we'd have to watch out for those Klingons and their K'Nex...

My club (BayLUG) looked into doing a display at a SF con recently but
their "art show" policies were more oriented towards items for sale,
and had fees that we didn't want to pay, etc.  So we decided against
it.  I've been trying to advance the idea of getting SIG's (special
interest groups) started for space, sculptures, mindstorms, & castle,
besides just the train club, but so far it hasn't gone far.

--Bill.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by
little statesmen and philosophers and divines."        - Emerson